Wednesday, June 6, 2012

My Medication Breakthrough Without Having Health Insurance

In today's economic times, people are taking extreme measures to eliminate costs. Companies are laying off, Cutting budgets, leaving 1 out of 10 people unemployed. Working in the construction field unfortunately I am now a statistic. I do receive a weekly paycheck (nothing close to wages I once had) but find my self without insurance coverage. I am unable to afford cobra insurance as the costs are shocking. I started doing some serious research to determine how to get my FDA approved medication without establishing thousands of dollars in medical debt along the way.

I started out contacting local healthcare providers to get price quotes on costs for a consultation with a doctor. I came to a conclusion most providers will send two billings for one date of service. Ex: If I have a consult with a Doctor - my billing would consist of a facility billing (~$95.00- $155.00) & a Doctors billing (~$90.00) totaling somewhere around ~$230.00 allowing me to get a prescription. I started searching the web for alternative options.

Working in construction, my job contains very strenuous work and I suffer from severe knee and back pain. My particular search was for pain relievers (Tramadol, Ultracet, Ultram) and Muscle Relaxers (Carisoprodol, Flexeril). There is a lot of competition on the web. I read multiple reviews on companies and if it's too good to be true, well it's most likely a scam. There are a lot of overseas pharmacies offering discount prescriptions or cheap prescriptions. I focus on the US based businesses available and came across a C & C Health Solutions by Googling Reduced Prescriptions. They are a branch from a well known from a health solutions Network committed on its excellence. I was able to obtain my tramadol prescription through there they had multiple prescriptions available from my needs to even Sexual health. These prices were exactly as they advertise when comparing with other online pharmacy stores. I am always skeptical on processing a payment online so I contacted there customer service dept. It was nice to get a live person on the phone; they walked me through the ordering process as a questionnaire is necessary to attain my prescription. I even got a 10% discount being a new customer. It only took me two days to receive my medication and when logged in I could monitor my order details from doctors authorization - pharmacy processing - too next day shipping.

There are too many people in today's economy loosing their Health Insurance. Medical cost can be extremely expensive paying 100% out of pocket. I felt it necessary to voice one option available that made finding my prescription suitable with my financial situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment